Bhutan, also known as the ‘land of Thunder dragon’. It is known for its ancient temples and vibrant festivals. The whole country is worth seeing as there are numerous places to visit in the Bhutan. Some of the top tourist destination in Bhutan are: Dochu La Pass, Taktsang Lhakhang, Trongsa, Rukha, etc.
|Thimpu||Hotel Riverview or Similar||Standard Room||1|
|Paro||Olathang or Similar||Standard Room||2|
ARRIVAL IN PARO AND TRANSFER TO THIMPU
Flying into the country’s only airport, in the beautiful Paro valley, the clear mountain air, forested ridges, imposing monasteries and welcoming Bhutanese people in their striking national dress, provides a breath-taking first impression.
On arrival at Paro airport, after immigration and custom formalities, your guide from Discovery Bhutan for the trip will receive you and transfer you to Thimphu. Upon reaching Thimphu, you check in at a pre-booked hotel. The rest of the day is to be spent at leisure. Overnight stay in Hotel.
THIMPHU – PARO (55KMS)
Morning visit to Trashichhoedzong, the beautiful medieval fortress/monastery which houses most of the Government’s office and King’s Throne room It is also the summer residence of Je Khenpo, the Chief Abbot. Then, visit the National Memorial Chorten. The building of this landmark was originally envisaged by Bhutan’s third king, His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuk (“the father of modern Bhutan”) who has wished to erect monument to world peace and prosperity. Completed in 1974 after his untimely death, it serves both as a memorial to the Late King and as a monument to peace. Also visit the Folk & Textile Heritage Museums, a fascinating testimony of Bhutan’s living traditions.
Then, drive to Paro. The valley of Paro contains a wealth of attractions. Check into the hotel. Stay overnight at hotel.
After refreshing breakfast, visit Ta Dzong, once a watchtower, built to defend Rinpung Dzong during inter-valley wars of the 17th century, Ta Dzong was inaugurated as Bhutan’s National Museum in 1968. Afterwards, walk down a hillside trail to visit Rinpung Dzong, which has a long and fascinating history. After lunch, drive to Drukgyel Dzong, a ruined fortress where Bhutanese warriors fought Tibetan invaders centuries ago. The snowy dome of sacred Chomolhari, “mountain of goddess” can be seen in all her glory from the approach road to the Dzong.
Along the way, visit the 7th century Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the 108 temples built in the Himalayas by Tibetan King, Songtsen Gampo. The building of this temple marks the introduction of Buddhism in Bhutan. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
After early breakfast at the hotel, drive to the airport for flight to your onward destination. Hold the sweet memories.
- 01 night accommodation in Thimpu
- 02 nights’ accommodation in Paro
- Welcome Drink on arrival at hotels
- Morning tea Breakfast and Dinner
- All tours and sightseeing by exclusive car as per the itinerary
- All expenses related to the vehicle such as toll, parking and fuel etc.
- All applicable taxes
- Air Fare
- Meals and services other than specified above
- Guide & entrance fees at the sightseeing places, Camera fees
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above
- Rooms are always subject to availability at the time of confirmation
- The above rates are on per person basis and for new bookings only and are applicable for a minimum of 02 passengers traveling together.
- Standard check in time is at 1400 hours & check out time is 1200 hours
- The rates given may change in case of change in hotels, transport rates or Government taxes.
- Rates are not valid for Peak season, Christmas, New Year week and Gala Dinner surcharges during Chirstmas & New Year Eve.
- For one adult and one child traveling please consider the adult rate for the child
- No refund shall be made for unutilized services
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
Date of booking to 30 days – the cancellation charges will be 25% of the package cost.
30 to 15 days – the cancellation charges will be 50% of the package cost.
15 to 7 days – the cancellation charges will be 75% of the package cost.
Less than 7 days – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
No show – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It’s purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 7-10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.